Error when creating recovery discs

Hello,

I was trying to create my system recovery discs and got to a 98% completion
when I was given an error message. It said " could not split WIM file
(c:\temp\base.wim) to d:\preload\base.wim. Last error code:112". Does
anyone know what that means? I am thinking I need to delete that file in the
c:\temp folder but I am afraid to since these are my system recovery discs
I'm creating. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Malke

Minteer said:
Hello,

I was trying to create my system recovery discs and got to a 98% completion
when I was given an error message. It said " could not split WIM file
(c:\temp\base.wim) to d:\preload\base.wim. Last error code:112". Does
anyone know what that means? I am thinking I need to delete that file in the
c:\temp folder but I am afraid to since these are my system recovery discs
I'm creating. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Contact the computer mftr.'s tech support and ask them. This is their
program and they will know what to do.

Malke

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Are you using a \ ( backslash) when you give it a name to back up to.
Something like E:\
Does the drive contain media?
Is the drive a CD or DVD drive? What burning capabilities does the drive
have?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]