Error opening C# Projects

Hello,
I am trying to open an application as a VS . NET Project . I get this error every time

"Cannot create the offline cache in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\My Documents\Visual StudioProjects\VSWebCache. Unable to create disk-based web at C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\VSWebCache because its parent web would not be a disk-based web, create the disk-base web elsewhere outside of your servers documnent hierarchy"

I dont really understand what this error means. So I would really appreciate if any one has had past experience with the problem or knows why this is happening can reply to this post.

Thanks,
Nagarajan

Christian T.

There could be many reasons why this may happen. I suspect that this has to
do with FrontPage Server Extensions (FPSE). Can you look at the root of
your hard drive and see if it contains FPSE folders like _vti_pvt and
_private. If it does AND the root of your harddrive is not a web, then
rename or delete those folders. It should fix the problem.

Cheers,
Christian T. [MSFT]
Visual Studio Update Team

- Please do not reply to this email directly. This email is for newsgroup
purposes only.
rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified
at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which
they originated.