error on page message

headtheball

Why do I get an 'error on page' message (in bottom left corner of browser)
for every site I visit and how do I fix this?

PA Bear

headtheball said:
Why do I get an 'error on page' message (in bottom left corner of browser)
for every site I visit and how do I fix this?

headtheball said:
Hi
all of the web pages that I view, especially ebay pages are full of little
square boxes that are all over the page. How do I get the pages to load
properly?
xp home
30gb HD
512ram
ie6
AS rock MB

IE View>Encoding>Western European (Windows) (checked?)
--
HTH - Please Reply to This Thread

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

AumHa Forums
http://forum.mvps.org/

Protect Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

headtheball said:
Why do I get an 'error on page' message (in bottom left corner of
browser) for every site I visit and how do I fix this?

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28001169
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

(WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

H Leboeuf

Do you have a banner removal tool, this one may be?

From: "bmwmcrider" In a News Group
Subject: Re: "Error on page" error
Quite by accident I discovered what was causing my problem. I use a utility
called AdSubtract to suppress all those annoying pop up ads, banners, etc.
When I shut the utility off, the error on page problems goes away.

headtheball

only the one on Zone alarm Henri, would that be the cause of the error
message?

H Leboeuf

I have the paid version of ZoneAlarm and do not get these messages.

May be...
Microsoft's Scripting download
Get the latest. Two download versions are available for Windows Script 5.6.
The first version requires Windows 2000, XP; the second version requires
Microsoft Windows 98, Millenium Edition (Me), or NT 4.0.
Choose the download appropriate for your operating system.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

Check for parasites.
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm