Error msg's when accessing Microsoft Websites

Ed Sanders

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am running
Win 98, 1st edition. The problem I am having was
happening with Internet Explorer 5.5. I upgraded to IE
6.0 hoping that would solve my problem. It didn't. So
far, it has only happened when I access various Microsoft
Websites. What happens is, I will get an error msg
saying: "Problems with this Web page might prevent it from
being displayed properly or functioning properly". There
are 2 buttons, "OK" and "Details". Clicking on "Details"
displays:

Line: 69
Char: 2
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0

Clicking on "OK" could repeat this error box from 2 to 7
or 8 times, depending on the target URL.
The "Line", "Char", and "URL" values change each time the
error dialogue box appears. When the error msg's finally
stop,there is the msg "error on page" in the status bar on
the bottom left of the Internet Explorer window. If anyone
might know what is causing this, please let me know.
Thank you.

PA Bear

First reinstall 5.6 Scripting Engine (anti-virus disabled and all other
Windows-based processes closed):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

Second, look in IE Help>About>Update Versions: Is Q818529 listed here? If
not, disable your anti-virus application and leave it that way while you go
to Windows Update and install Q818529/June '03 Cumulative Patch for IE (at
least). Reboot when directed to do so.
--
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Ed Sanders

Thank you very much, PA Bear for your prompt reply. I will
follow your suggestions and let you know if it works.
.............Ed

H Leboeuf

Do you use AdSubtract?

From: "bmwmcrider" In a News Group
Subject: Re: "Error on page" error
Quite by accident I discovered what was causing my problem. I use a utility
called AdSubtract to suppress all those annoying pop up ads, banners, etc.
When I shut the utility off, the error on page problems goes away
--

Common script errors messages can be eliminated by Clicking:
Menu: Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.

Henri Leboeuf