Error message using Hyperlinks in Access 2003

G

Can someone PLEASE help me?? !

I have a database that I've recently converted to Access 2003. I had no problems with the conversion BUT..

I have a hyperlink for each record in my database that opens a related Word document.

EVERYTIME I click on the hyperlink I get a 'Microsoft Office Access' error message telling me that Hyperlinks can be dangerous and that I should only use hyperlinks from trusted sources!!!! (I had no such problems with hyperlinks in earlier versions of Access.

It's driving me up the wall!! I've tried reducing 'Macro Security' to Low and that has no effect what so ever

I can't believe that I've got to tolerate this message without going through some complicated process of creating Digital Signatures or whatever. Surely there must be an option to switch this message off somewhere - I've even tried Docmd.SetWarnings False in the code that opens the form - to no avail

The only other possibility is that I have McAfee Internet Security Suite installed - could it be this and not Access causing the problem

Any (sensible) suggestions MOST GRATEFULLY RECEIVE

Thanks for reading this - I hope it makes sense

Regard

Tezbar

G

Thank you SO MUCH

I knew there must have been others who'd come across this problem. I'm glad to see that it's considered 'a bug' - it certainly bugged me!! Especially as they were all my own Word documents and my own programming in Access

I've spent the last 10 years working with Microsoft Office but I have to admit that over the last week or so (and various problems as well as this one), I was getting dangerously close to denying any knowledge of computers what so ever and going back to pen and paper!

I haven't tried the solutions yet but they make sense. Will let you know how I got on

Thank you agai
Tezba

S

Sandra Daigle

Glad to help!

FWIW I'm not so sure that MS considers it a bug - it was done by design but
it is certainly an annoyance! I think the annoyance factor is what led them
to reveal a method for turning off this "security feature".

I didn't have any trouble making this registry modification - and I'm *not*
a registry guru so you should be able to manage with no problems.

G

Note to Tezbar... creating digital signatures won't get rid of the hyperlinks message. I have a digitally signed database that has a hyperlink to openn another digitally signed database, and I still get the error message!!! I haven't tried the registry idea yet.

I am also very frustrated with this and I feel very strongly that it's a bug. Maybe Microsoft will fix it someday, but I can't wait so I'm finding ways to work around it

Someone (and I'm sorry I can't remember who it was) on these message boards gave me the solution. I have text that looks like a hyperlink and I have code for the "on click" event that opens a file. It looks like a hyperlink, it works almost like a hyperlink, and I don't get the error message

How ridiculous is that???????

Ask a Question