error message: not enough server storage is avail to process this command

J

jbclem

I'm trying to set up a new computer into my LAN and although both the server and the new
computer are showing up in the Workgroup, and I have partitions on the server enabled
for sharing, when I'm in the new computer and click on the icon for one of the shared
server partitions (so I can transfer a file from the server to the new computer) I get
an error message that includes the following:

"not enough server storage is available to process this command". I'm getting this
error message for all the server partitions I enabled for sharing. I don't get this
error message for Printers and My Documents, My Pictures...they are apparently available
and accessible for sharing by default.

I don't know the "server storage" is referring to, there is plenty of hard drive space
on both computers. Can someone put me straight on this issue?

Thanks, jc

P

Pegasus \(MVP\)

jbclem said:
I'm trying to set up a new computer into my LAN and although both the server and the new
computer are showing up in the Workgroup, and I have partitions on the server enabled
for sharing, when I'm in the new computer and click on the icon for one of the shared
server partitions (so I can transfer a file from the server to the new computer) I get
an error message that includes the following:

"not enough server storage is available to process this command". I'm getting this
error message for all the server partitions I enabled for sharing. I don't get this
error message for Printers and My Documents, My Pictures...they are apparently available
and accessible for sharing by default.

I don't know the "server storage" is referring to, there is plenty of hard drive space
on both computers. Can someone put me straight on this issue?

Thanks, jc

I have never dealt with this condition myself but here are
a few notes I picked up from similar posts.

- Usually handled by applying the latest service pack
- Sometimes caused by NAV or IBM AV:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;177078

Another cause is dealt with in KB Article q106167.

J

jbclem

Thanks for the quick reply. I've read the Knowledge Base article and I'll try to make
the registry change. The funny thing is that my server is Win2000, and the new computer
WinXP corp. Previously I had a Win2000 computer hooked up to the same server and had no
problems accessing shared partitions. So this must be an XP quirk. I'm also
downloading SP2 for the XP computer, but it's a long download. I wonder why there would
be a difference between Win2000 and WinXP in this case.

jc

Ask a Question