Error message - any ideas?

G

W2K Server, IIS 5.0, SQL 7, Integrated Security, web app. When user tried to bring up app in IE6, got the following error

Error loading XML file c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.370
\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of typ
System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib
Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed
(c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config

Upgraded Frameworks to Version 1.1. Same error. Any suggestions on where to start? MSDN isn't exactly helpful.

tia
Sue

G

Hi

This is has to do with permissions contained on both local machine as well as Dev server. check the permissions set for .NET framework. Btw How are you running the application.

Ravikanth[MVP]

G

Are you talking about NTFS permissions, IIS permissions, or those weird permissions in the mscorcfg.msc that I haven't figured out yet?

I've tried running this within the development environment (remotely), on the web server itself, and from a handful of workstations. I'm getting a new error message this morning

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account

The aspnet_wp.exe file is accessible to all domain users with read/execute permission.

Suggestions more than welcome
Sue

Ask a Question