Error Message 1008

G

Hello All
i got the error 1008 from Application Log in event viewer "The open procedure for service RSVP in DLL "c:\winnt\system32\rsvpperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status Code returned is data DWORD 0" i got this problem when i using performance log and alert to monitoring the system. but when i stopped it, Application Log in event viewer has no this error.

B

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
Subject: Error Message 1008
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:41:05 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

Hello All

i got the error 1008 from Application Log in event viewer "The open procedure for service RSVP in DLL "c:\winnt
\system32\rsvpperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status Code returned is data
DWORD 0" i got this problem when i using performance log and alert to monitoring the system. but when i stopped it,
Application Log in event viewer has no this error.
--

Event ID 1008 translates to PERFLIB_OPEN_PROC_FAILURE. When you first create a performance query, Perflib checks
the availability of all counters that are listed in the registry. If a counter is not available, the application log displays an
event message.

Normally this means either the DLL in question is missing/damaged or the entry for it in the registry is not correct. If you are
comfortable in the registry check the values in the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RSVP\Performance

This key and the DLL referenced in your message is for the service QoS RSVP, you may want to check to see if this
service is Started.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

R

RickC

--------------------

i got the error 1008 from Application Log in event viewer "The open procedure for service RSVP in DLL "c:\winnt
\system32\rsvpperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status Code returned is data
DWORD 0" i got this problem when i using performance log and alert to monitoring the system. but when i stopped it,
Application Log in event viewer has no this error.
--

Event ID 1008 translates to PERFLIB_OPEN_PROC_FAILURE. When you first create a performance query, Perflib checks
the availability of all counters that are listed in the registry. If a counter is not available, the application log displays an
event message.

Normally this means either the DLL in question is missing/damaged or the entry for it in the registry is not correct. If you are
comfortable in the registry check the values in the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RSVP\Performance

This key and the DLL referenced in your message is for the service QoS RSVP, you may want to check to see if this
service is Started.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

I am seeing the same error on an IIS machine. customer says that the
problem started after upgrading the server to SP4. The QoS RSVP
service isn't started. I checked the registry setting to see where
it's pointing to and it is looking for the dll at
c:\winnt\system32\rsvp.exe.

The file is there and looks good. Copying a new file did not help as
neither did running lodctr rsvp.ini per 299059. Any other hints?

Thx,
RickC

Ask a Question