Error Loading C:\Windows...\bride.dll

G

Hey, all. When I restart/log into/turn on my computer an error message pops up. It says "Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found". Is this said module important to my computer? What is it? How can I fix this error?

G

It told me to delet RunDLL Registry or whatever, and now, I cannot restart my computer, nor will my Internet Explorer Work! Ugh! I'm scared to shut off my computer, for the fear that it will not start up! What do I do now? I want RunDLL back!

G

"It told me to delet RunDLL Registry or whatever, and now, I cannot restart my computer, nor will my Internet Explorer Work! Ugh! I'm scared to shut off my computer, for the fear that it will not start up! What do I do now? I want RunDLL back!

Yes! What he said! I'm scared too! I don't know what to do! Roger! PLEASE HELP!

R

roger

It told me to delet RunDLL Registry or whatever, and now, I cannot restart my computer, nor will my Internet Explorer Work! Ugh! I'm scared to shut off my computer, for the fear that it will not start up! What do I do now? I want RunDLL back!

The instructions were:

"Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run.
(The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry
editor will open.)
Browse to the key:
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion
\ Run'
In the right pane, delete the value called 'RunDLL', if it exists.
Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \
{9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF}', if it exists.
Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \
CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects \
{9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF}', if it exists.
Exit the registry editor.
Restart your computer.
Start Windows Explorer and delete:
%SystemDir%\bridge.dll
Note: %SystemDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is
C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows
NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP)."

That RunDLL was put by the spyware, if you want it back retrace your
steps and put it back, but then you'll have the problem you had
before.
Perform a scan with ad-aware:
Ad-aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

G

Yes, but now my Run, Search, Internet Explorer will not work. Also, my Run, Search, and Help and Support and My Documents suddenly disappeared off of START. How can I access these without this? More problems also occured, I cannot access my Recyling Bin, Internet Explorer, three mysterious Folders came on my desktop as well as two more Internet Explorer icons, which are not working. I'm so0o scared that my computer will screw up, and I will not be able to get the work done I need to do. I would LOVE to reinstall Windows XP, right now, but Windows XP came preinstalled. Is there anyway I can reinstall it from files on the computer WITHOUT my computer crashing and completely screwing up? I am so0o sorry to sound like a burden!

Ask a Question