error 500"OR command not understood when publishing

gYouman

My webhosting service recently changed servers and
eliminated the Frontpage extentions on the new server.

I imported my existing web site made some modifications,
added files and tried to publish the changes to the
website (ftp). I keep receiving an error message "500 'OR
command not understood" and publishing fails.

If anyone can help identify the problem, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Crash Gordon

Probably because you still have elements on your local web that require the extensions. Don't use FTP if you can avoid it - although now it sounds like you have no choice with that isp.

| My webhosting service recently changed servers and
| eliminated the Frontpage extentions on the new server.
|
| I imported my existing web site made some modifications,
| added files and tried to publish the changes to the
| website (ftp). I keep receiving an error message "500 'OR
| command not understood" and publishing fails.
|
| If anyone can help identify the problem, it would be much
| appreciated.
|
| Thanks

Vijay R Gangolli [MSFT]

Hi gYouman,

If you are using FP2003, check if the "Use Passive FTP" option helps.

Regards,
Vijay

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers
no rights