Error 2046 Access or Outlook ??

Wayne-I-M

Posted to the access and the outlook forum as not sure where the problem is
********************************

I have a windows schedular event that opens access and runs a module that
sends a number of reports to some filtered e mail addresses (clients)

If I open access and just click (run) the module it works fine (I have a
Click Yes to get round the normal security message). But, if I run this from
windows schedular I get the message

Erorr 2046 - the Send Object method is not available at the moment.

Is this an access problem or some type of security "stuff" within outlook
that does not like programmes sending out e mails ?

Any help would be appreciated

Maurice

Wayne,

While testing the module do you have outlook running as a process? It might
(and sounds like) be that the outlook process isn't started.

Try running your shedular and at the same time open the task manager to view
if the outlook process is started.

hth