error # 0x800A138F

Mark Parisek

When i go to windows update i get a windows update error
the number is 0x800A138F. If anyone can help me with this
that would be great.

Thanks

Mark

Mike Truitt [Microsoft]

Mark,

I have a weird question about this issue. Is your system date set
correctly?

Best regards,

Mike Truitt
Microsoft Corporation

Jami

-- This worked for me ---
From: Reg Mouatt ([email protected])
Subject: Re: UPDATE FIX DOESN'T WORK!

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
Date: 2003-08-23 14:59:24 PST

Hi,
Another thing you can have a look at and that is to go via
'Start/Find/Files or Folders' and enter Hosts and search your hard drive.
Should you find one, open it up and look for an item a248.e.akamai.net If
you find it, delete it. This can also be achieved via Spyblocker, should you
have it, by going through 'Spyblocker/Setup/Find/a248.e.akamai.net/Unblock
checked/Save/OK' Windows Update has taken over the akamai address but as it
is a banned URL in many Host files and Spyblocker, Windows Update has
unfortunately become blocked for many users.
Reg
--- Thanks Reg ---

Kent W. England [MVP]

I agree. The most common solution for this problem, which only cropped
up after Microsoft dodged the MSBLAST bullet by switching WU to Akamai,
is to undo the ad blocking on the systems that are suffering this
problem of late. Even if you uninstall the ad software, many of these
bad proggies leave an entry in the hosts file which must be manually
removed.