erase historic

I would like to know how to erase history when you safe a word document. I
don´t wanna see past documents in there.
Thanks

Joe McGuire

You don't wanna see old documents maybe you wanna delete em. Then you not
gonna see em any more.

"Erase History saving a document" <Erase History saving a
news:[email protected]...

Jay Freedman

Erase said:
I would like to know how to erase history when you safe a word
document. I don´t wanna see past documents in there.
Thanks

The answer depends on what kind of "history" and "past documents" you're
talking about.

- Tracked changes? Either accept or reject all changes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html.

- The "Most Recently Used" list on the File menu? In the Tools > Options >
General dialog, uncheck the box for "Recently used file list".

- Versions (on the File menu)? In the Versions dialog, select them and click
the Delete button.

- Something else? You may find what you're looking for in
http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/odc_wd2003_ta/html/odc_WDProtectWord2003.asp.

Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
all may benefit.