Enlarging my system NTFS partition

Bill Crocker

You can't do it with Windows alone. Something like PowerQuest's Partition
Magic, will be required...and works great!

Bill Crocker

Rick Blackthorn said:
My physical disk is partitioned into 3 NTFS partitions:
Primary system partition (C:)
An extended partition with 2 logical drives (D and F)

| | | |
| System (C:) | usr (D:) | untitled (F:) |

C: and D: have a lot of data, and I don't use F:.

I'd like to take the space that's used by F: and *add* it to
C:.

Is it possible to do that using the windows 2000 disk management
software, or do I need third party utilities to accomplish that?

Rick
session.

Rick Blackthorn

My physical disk is partitioned into 3 NTFS partitions:
Primary system partition (C:)
An extended partition with 2 logical drives (D and F)

| | | |
| System (C:) | usr (D:) | untitled (F:) |

C: and D: have a lot of data, and I don't use F:.

I'd like to take the space that's used by F: and *add* it to
C:.

Is it possible to do that using the windows 2000 disk management
software, or do I need third party utilities to accomplish that?

Rick

Jim

Do you intend to simply delete the contents of the F: (to gain the
freespace), or do you need to move the contents of F: to C: before deletion
of F: (i.e., *merge* C: and F: contents)?

If the former, you can also use BootIt NG ( http://www.bootitng.com ) for
these purposes, it costs you nothing.

Jim

Rick Blackthorn said:
My physical disk is partitioned into 3 NTFS partitions:
Primary system partition (C:)
An extended partition with 2 logical drives (D and F)

| | | |
| System (C:) | usr (D:) | untitled (F:) |

C: and D: have a lot of data, and I don't use F:.

I'd like to take the space that's used by F: and *add* it to
C:.

Is it possible to do that using the windows 2000 disk management
software, or do I need third party utilities to accomplish that?

Rick
session.

*Vanguard*

"Jim" said in news:U1fgc.14593$Yf6.9037@fed1read07:
Do you intend to simply delete the contents of the F: (to gain the
freespace), or do you need to move the contents of F: to C: before
deletion of F: (i.e., *merge* C: and F: contents)?

If the former, you can also use BootIt NG ( http://www.bootitng.com )
for these purposes, it costs you nothing.

BootIt NG costs $35. Apparently Jim steals shareware.

Jim

Huh?

The product offers a 30 day free trial. During this period, you can create,
delete, move, etc., your partitions. Afterall, that's what the product
(among other purposes) is for. After 30 days, you either remove it or
purchase a copy. If you decide NOT to purchase, but you actually used it to
manage your partitions during the 30 day free trial, did you somehow steal
the product? Are you suppose to revert all your partition changes just
because you decided to NOT purchase?!

Free trials are intended to expose the product to people who would otherwise
never know about it. Many people *will* purchase once exposed. The fact
you benefit *during* the 30 day trial is not unexpected, nor discouraged.
In fact, if you didn't, why would anyone ever convert the 30 day trial into
a purchase?

What am I missing?

Jim

Rick Blackthorn

Jim said:
Do you intend to simply delete the contents of the F: (to gain the
freespace), or do you need to move the contents of F: to C: before deletion
of F: (i.e., *merge* C: and F: contents)?

Yup - I simply want to delete the contents of F: use F:'s space
and add it to C.
If the former, you can also use BootIt NG ( http://www.bootitng.com ) for
these purposes, it costs you nothing.

Thanks.