England do it again!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yay!!!!

Congratulations to England who after a superb first half performance and an at some times shaky second half managed to hang on to win 2-1 against Germany.

I think they did prettty well considering the injuries the squad has and el mangerio said he wanted to change it around played some lesser known players, Abgonlahor, young, bent :lol:

So well done the boys and Booooooooooooo to Scott Carson for another shameful error.

Boooooooo to you sir.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Yay!!!!

I think they did prettty well considering the injuries the squad has and el mangerio said he wanted to change it around played some lesser known players, Abgonlahor, young, bent
laughingsmiley.gif

They should be doing well irespective of injuries...I bet if they had lost, then they would have used the excuse.."Oh this or that palyer was injured etc.." A team should not be based on a few good players.. A team should be strong through out...

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I think this is why he picked so many players who don't normally get a look in, to try and build a squad that is strong and not rely on the same 11.

Good game to watch as well.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
I think this is why he picked so many players who don't normally get a look in, to try and build a squad that is strong and not rely on the same 11.

Good game to watch as well.

I missed it unfortunately...T.V decided to go on the blink today..Daughter was playing games on PS 3 and mucked about with settings on T.V, and i'm struggling to get it back to normal again...Grrrr kids hey...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In 1966 I had to go into Hospital to sort out my busted hip. Uncle Flops strongly suggests it is not a good idea to fall over a cliff during School Field Trip. But I did.

10 hour operation.

My Mum bought me the Beatles album 'Revolver' into Hospital, not that I could play it in Hospital, but it was good to know I had it.

Four week hospital stay at age 15.

Two years later they took out the stainless steel pins and I didn't go into a Hospital again until 2002.

In 1966, I wasn't even aware we'd won the World Cup, honest, I had no idea.

Strange days indeed.

On a serious note, seems England Team, Manager and fans thought we weren't in with much of a chance.

ha ha

Good stuff :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
On a serious note, seems England Team, Manager and fans thought we weren't in with much of a chance.

I think thats the problem with England, wether it be football/cricket or rugby..Lately they are so used to been beaten they give up before the game has even started..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Scott Carson hasn't had the best of luck for England, if much else happens he'll lose his bottle completely. I keep forgetting he's only 23 though so has plenty of time to learn :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
So well done the boys and Booooooooooooo to Scott Carson for another shameful error.

Boooooooo to you sir.
To be honest both He and John Terry should share the blame......Carson should have either stayed or called and come out properly, and Terry seeing the ball slowing toward the edge of the area and with his experience should have booted it away.

A good encouraging performance, and nice to see the youngsters showing heart and determination :thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Good win without so many "big names". Never easy to beat Germany, especially over there.

Nice to see the fringe players do so well - it will keep the first team on their toes. I thought they'd blown it, giving away such a soft goal but a great Terry goal to finish. :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
A decentish performance from the boys and a win to boot..So its not all bad..

Need improvement though and thats something Capello can give..

On a lighter note what about that Lardarse cheat Maradonna bigging himself up over a 1-0 win over Scotland, the guys a joke..:lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Also looks like Tevez's mum turned up for training at Man United:

Tevez.jpg

Reaction score
I saw England win the 1966 World cup at Wembly in the stadium at the back seated along side Mike England and Ivor Allchurch:p and what a game, it were brilliant Nobby. Bobby and the gang were superb:nod: Three million Welsh supporters they had that day and we enjoyed everything about the game:nod:

They think its all over! It is now:wave:

Reaction score
itsme said:
I saw England win the 1966 World cup at Wembly in the stadium at the back seated along side Mike England and Ivor Allchurch:p and what a game, it were brilliant Nobby. Bobby and the gang were superb:nod: Three million Welsh supporters they had that day and we enjoyed everything about the game:nod:

They think its all over! It is now:wave:

You really went to Wembley stadium in 1966 to watch England win the world cup??????

Reaction score
psd99 said:
You really went to Wembley stadium in 1966 to watch England win the world cup??????

Yes I sat Well stood most of the time in between. Mike England and Ivor Allchurch two superb Welsh footballers Ivor was a good mate of mine Mike became Welsh team manager Mike> http://www.mehstg.com/englandm.htm What you never heard of them?:bow:Ivor> http://www.welshicons.org.uk/html/ivor_allchurch.php

Ivor although a lot older than I went to the same school he used to teach me about football he was a lot bigger and stronger than he looked he was a real gentleman along side John Charles whom also went to the same school as us along with many other great footballers> Len Allchurch> Mel Charles> Mel Nurse>>>>>
to name but a few.
I will always remember the England win It was amazing to see live although the goal that never was did spoil it a bit but! England were full of guts and really deserved the win I still applaud them on their performance that day.
Sadly a few of the players have since died:( I went to Ivor`s Funeral it was a sad sad day....