Ending Negative Sign

edwardpestian

I have figures that I copy and paste from AS400 into an Excel worksheet.
The figures get pasted as text with a minus sign after the number for
negative values: 2340-. I need to convert these numbers to <2340>
format.

I simply need a formula that says if this range has values with "-" at
the end of the number, then format <xxxx>, otherwise format as +xxxx.

Thanks.

ep

arno

hi,

try to convince sbd. to bring the - sign on the other side.

otherwise, that'll do:

=if(right(a1,1)="-", -value(left(a1, len(a1)-1)), value(a1))

arno

edwardpestian

It works, but not quite as I need it to. I would like the formula to
refer to a range of cells - for example A1:A10. When data is entered
into these cells, it automatically converts the data to the correct
format (In the same cell that the data was entered).

Thanks again.

ep

Bob Phillips

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1:A10"
Dim cell As Range

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each cell In Target
If Right(cell.Value, 1) = "-" Then
cell.Value = Left(cell.Value, Len(cell.Value) - 1) * -1
cell.NumberFormat = "0;<0>"
End If
Next cell
End If