Encrypted SSDs are not as secure as we thought

News Encrypted SSDs are not as secure as we thought

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Encrypted SSDs are not as secure as we thought - Researchers were able to bypass passwords and access encrypted data on a number of different drives

Researchers from Radboud University in the Netherlands have published a paper revealing weaknesses in the encryption of solid state drives (SSDs). According to their findings, they were able to fully retrieve data from encrypted SSDs without passwords or keys - effectively they were able to totally bypass the protection entirely. Even more concerning is the fact that this weakness is a widespread problem which affects...

Read more about this article...

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I was just reading about this :eek:
Can you imagine thinking your data is safe only to find out that it's easily bypassed? :wall:
All those manufacturers should provide a refund because those users paid extra for those security features :cheers:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's pretty scary. I always assumed that even if a hard drive was stolen then it would be ok because it's encrypted, but it seems it's not that simple. I'm glad this vulnerability was discovered so it could be fixed!

Ask a Question