'Enable3dControls' : is not a member of 'CWinApp'

Dan Trowbridge

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of porting code to VS.NET from VS6.0. My code compiles
fine under DEBUG mode but under RELEASE mode I get a compile-time error:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxwin2.inl(1034) : error C2039: 'Enable3dControls'
: is not a member of 'CWinApp'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h(4289) : see declaration of 'CWinApp'

I have no direct reference to the depreciated 'Enable3dControls' function
call. Am I referencing an old header file under RELEASE mode only?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan Trowbridge

Dan Trowbridge

Hi All,
Its me again.

After further chasing this problem down I discovered if I make a new
solution with a single VC++ MFC Application and build it in DEBUG mode it
compiles fine. If I build the project in RELEASE mode, without editing any
of the files at all, I get the following error:

Compiling...
stdafx.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxwin2.inl(1034) : error C2039: 'Enable3dControls'
: is not a member of 'CWinApp'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h(4289) : see declaration of 'CWinApp'

(as descibed below). This is in a project that I did not edit any code. It
is giving me the errors "right out of the box" in RELEASE mode.
Is there something wrong with my VS.NET install?

Any body have any suggestions?

Dan

David Lowndes

After further chasing this problem down I discovered if I make a new
solution with a single VC++ MFC Application and build it in DEBUG mode it
compiles fine. If I build the project in RELEASE mode, without editing any
of the files at all, I get the following error:

Dan,

All I can say is that I've never come across this problem.

Did you choose any specific option when creating the MFC application?
Is there something wrong with my VS.NET install?

I can only assume there's something amiss, but quite how you've got
into this state I don't know.

Dave

Ken Ekberg

Hi Dan,
I found the answer to the in another newsgroup. It appears that you have to
comment out the following from afxwin2.inl (which is flawed in .net Studio
2003):
_AFXWIN_INLINE BOOL CWinApp::Enable3dControls()
{ return TRUE; }
#ifndef _AFXDLL
_AFXWIN_INLINE BOOL CWinApp::Enable3dControlsStatic()
{ return TRUE; }
#endif

The answer from Microsoft is pasted below.

Good luck,
Ken Ekberg

From: Susan Huffaker ([email protected])
Subject: RE: Enable3dControls in MFC 7.0

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
Date: 2003-09-09 14:04:42 PST

Yes, this is due to a bug. You should be able to comment out
the Enable3dControl text lines in afxwin2.inl to get rid of the problem.
They are no longer used.

Thank you for using MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
Susan Huffaker [MSFT]
Microsoft DS Communities Team

Dan Trowbridge

Ken,

WOW Thanks. I search MSDN online and didn't see anything concernig
this. Where did you find the post you listed below?

Thanks Again
Dan

From: Susan Huffaker ([email protected])

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
Date: 2003-09-09 14:04:42 PST

Dan Trowbridge said:
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of porting code to VS.NET from VS6.0. My code compiles
fine under DEBUG mode but under RELEASE mode I get a compile-time error:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxwin2.inl(1034) : error C2039: 'Enable3dControls'
: is not a member of 'CWinApp'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h(4289) : see declaration of 'CWinApp'

I have no direct reference to the depreciated 'Enable3dControls' function
call. Am I referencing an old header file under RELEASE mode only?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan Trowbridge

Ken Ekberg