Enable the breakpoint in the javascript

Oriane

Hi,

I can set a breakpoint in my javascript client side code, but as sson as I
start the Ajax Asp.Net application in debug mode, an exlamation mark shows
up on the breakpoint, and a tooltip tells me that the mapping is not done.

Any hint ?

Best regards

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Oriane,

Could you provide the edition of Visual Studio and the IE version? Does it
happen for all the projects? Could you create a new one to test? In
addition, please provide the full message that the tooltip tells you. You
can also send a screenshot to me. My email is (e-mail address removed).

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

| From: "Oriane" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Enable the breakpoint in the javascript
| Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:58:27 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Despite this modification, the pb remains...
|
| Best regards

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Sorry for the typo. My email is (e-mail address removed).
--------------------
| From: "Oriane" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Enable the breakpoint in the javascript
| Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:58:27 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Despite this modification, the pb remains...
|
| Best regards

Oriane

Hi Allen,

I use Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and IE 7. The problem does not always happen
but I can't see why.
I will first change for IE 8 Beta and see what is going on with this new
release.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Oriane,

Do you have an progress on this issue?

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
--------------------
| From: "Oriane" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Enable the breakpoint in the javascript
| Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:07:41 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Allen,
|
| I use Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and IE 7. The problem does not always happen
| but I can't see why.
| I will first change for IE 8 Beta and see what is going on with this new
| release.
|
| Thanks for your help
|
| Best regards

Oriane

Hi Allen,
Allen Chen said:
Hi Oriane,

Do you have an progress on this issue?
Yes. I've got always the same issue: sometimes the breakpoint remains with
an exclamation mark, sometimes not. the message is (roughly, since I
translate from french): "can't map this line from the client script"
So now I write the javascript "debugger" instruction in my code, and then it
works.

Best regards