Embeded resources in Class Libraries

Brian Reed

How do I get icons/bitmaps/cursors embedded in a resource file in my C# .NET
class library? In my project I added an icon resource through 'Add New
Item', 'Resource Type', 'Icon'. I changed the Build Action to 'Embedded
Resource' and rebuilt my project.

In my project, I tried to load the icon with the following code:

icon = new icon(GetType(), "MyDefaultNamespace.MyIcon.ico")

and I get an exception saying it does not know about MyIcon in the class
CTestClass.

What might I be doing wrong? Are there any tools I can use to look at the
compiled DLL and look into its embedded resources?

wzb

You can use file->open->file in vs.net IDE to view a
file's embedded resources.