Email From vb.net Service on windows server 2000

G

guys, ive spent the last three weeks developing a vb.net service that will email people (table Driven) based on some results.
Now i deploy the service and all of its classes on a Server Running Windows 2000 Server (SP4) i believe and it wont email a soul.
i have several ways of emailing Using the System.Web.Mail One using VBScript creating a CDO object and One using a Socket Mail Class that uses the NetworkStream and TcpClient and specifically targets the Email server by node with port 25.
of course, i developed this on a machine running WinXP Pro. but now that im deploying it on Win2K Server, its basically not doing a thing.
the service is running fine and so is everything else.
but, since the whole end purpose of the program is to send emails - this is a HUGE problem and my Time is running out fast.

if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. i've pretty much run the gammit of researching the .NET for ideas - so i need some real help, code etc from the experts.
thanks again
In Panic
rik

Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET resources...

R

rbutch

i believe i figured this out using CDO.
and Referring to the SmtpServer by node, not name.
of course that still doesnt explain why Sockets or vbScript didnt work, but at least i can use this.
anyother enlightenment is appreciated.
thanks
rik
Dim oMail As System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail
'oMail.SmtpServer = "mail.Exsvr.com"
oMail.SmtpServer = "10.143.22.32"
Dim msg As New System.Web.Mail.MailMessage
msg.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html
msg.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
msg.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
msg.Body = "<table><tr><td>hello</td></tr></table>"
oMail.Send(msg)

Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET resources...

Ask a Question