Email Error

baffled

I keep getting this error message, but am getting the same emails over &
over. Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Message number 12 could not be retrieved. Account: 'HOME', Server:
'POP-server.cinci.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Gary VanderMolen

That typically indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there by date,
delete all the older ones you already have downloaded, plus one more.
Try Windows Mail again.

Kathy

I continue to get this and am getting hundreds of emails over and over. I
need help and can't figure out what to do and where to go.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net',
Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Kathy

Gary VanderMolen

If Windows Mail keeps downloading the same group of messages,
that means there is a corrupted message on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there
by date, delete (or move) all the older ones you've already
downloaded, plus one more. Then try Windows Mail again.

If the problem continues, which antivirus are you running? Some
of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)