Eliminating blank rows

RobinMerrill

Hi. I export a report from Crystal that when I open in Excel has tiny blank
rows between each populated row. One field is for data entry, and I have to
use "autoformat row to fit" in order to display all the wrapped text lines.
This causes all rows to display full height, and undesireable "double spaced"
effect in the worksheet.

How can I either automatically eliminate the blank rows or cause the word
wrap to work in another way?

Jim Cone

You can sort the data. Blanks sort to the bottom.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"RobinMerrill"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hi. I export a report from Crystal that when I open in Excel has tiny blank
rows between each populated row. One field is for data entry, and I have to
use "autoformat row to fit" in order to display all the wrapped text lines.
This causes all rows to display full height, and undesireable "double spaced"
effect in the worksheet.

How can I either automatically eliminate the blank rows or cause the word
wrap to work in another way?

Fred Smith

When I import a report, I get rid of the blank rows by filtering. Turn on
Autofilter, go to a column that will always have data in it, select the
blanks in that column, then delete all the rows displayed.

To do this on a regular basis, record a macro.

Regards,
Fred