Electronic componant question

Reaction score
OK for those that may be in the know

Scenario;

Monitor, Broken!

Checked it and Thermistor has gone (it's been popping for a while upon switching on)

Took it out and its fried. Need to replace it

I can't find anywhere that will do same thermistor.

It's disc therm, green in colour. I have schematic and it is marked as '10' in parts list.

10 ohm's?
10 Kohm's?

I need to know its values before its replaced.
I'm sure it's 10Kohms's at 30% Thermal Coefficient but I can't find one anywhere. Closest I can get 10k at 10%

I don't have a clue. I have found a few on ebay but I need to know for sure what resistance it is before I replace it. I don't want to throw monitor out even though it's a CRT because it's a damn good one
A 22" IIyama Pro 513 (MA203DT). Cost me a lot of money several years ago

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

Couple of pics attached

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 140
  • grab2.jpg
    grab2.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Are there any other resistors on the diagram that you can compare the value to?

To me i would have said just 10 ohms, i'm honestly not that sure though. I'd wait for flopps to cast his opinion on it

Reaction score
Hmmmm it's really annoying mate.

It right next to the rectfier and something else just keeping an eye on them so to speak.
It's got to be replaced because monitor wont run without it as its part of the protection circuit....

Been sat there now for a good couple of months collecting dust

Edit***

not rectifier it's a Diode array. Monitor in other room and CBA goin and checking lol

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Just having another look at the pic, you have some resistors in the lower right hand corner
wallbash.gif
. They all have a K next to their value so i'm gonna go with what i said initially

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reaction score
It was carelessly close to a heatsink so I have a feeling its just overheated and cracked its self but I will look closer mate taaa

Reaction score
I seem to keep hiting brick walls, I think i'm getting somewhere then can't find the value I need

This looks like the one that was present. Grrrr I wonder if writing to IIyama would help, although I doubt it

Attachments

• yu.jpg
    yu.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 125

Ask a Question