Easy button?

Reaction score
Easy button? Greater than/Less than/auto calc

I'm having trouble figuring this out and the only title I could think of is an easy button, easy calculation, easy formula, etc. The list can go on. Anyway.

Right now I have this in my cells...

=IF(D2>760,"2 YEARS OR MORE",IF(D2>365,"2 YEARS OR LESS",IF(D2>90,"90 DAYS OR LESS")))

Now, in D2 it's listed as... 952 days. So, that would put it as 2 years or more. In D3 it's listed as 877, and the number of days fluctuate. Take for instance that D12 lists 60 days.

So, I want to know if there is an easier way to have Excel calculate each cell in the same row automatically, based on the code above without having to go through each cell and alter the row and cell number? It would do it all for me in that entire row, being row D.

Also, I found that when I have less than 365 days, say for instance it's 210 days what I am using now...

=IF(D2>760,"2 YEARS OR MORE",IF(D2>365,"2 YEARS OR LESS",IF(D2>90,"90 DAYS OR LESS")))

Comes back that it is less than 90 days. And we all know that 210 days is not less than 90 days. What am I doing wrong here?

And if it is less than 90 days it shows false.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mistaken

Okay, I figured out what I was doing wrong with the greater than and less than. Instead of changing the 365 days as being less than, I was looking at 90 days. My fault,. however, my first question still stands. Is there a way to have it calculated without hand typing every row/number?

ie:

=IF(D3>760,"2 YEARS OR MORE",IF(D3>365,"2 YEARS OR LESS",IF(D3>90,"90 DAYS OR LESS")))

Except it will change the row number without me going in and editing that part.

I still receive errors on 365 days or less, however, it prints out what it should, ie: "1 year or less". I just don't know why the error flag shows up on the cell. The errors reads, "The formula in this cell differs from the formulas in this area of the spreadsheet."

Last edited:

Ask a Question