E-mail report using Lotus Notes rather than MS Outlook.

Hi, I am having problems setting up e-mail function in my report. I will be
querying for data in the database then I will create a report based on the
result of my query but I can not set up my e-mail system because my company
is using Lotus Notes rather than the compatible MS Outlook that I can set up
in Access.

1. Can I set up my report to be e-mailed using Lotus Notes? If, I can how?
2. (Basic question about query) I am try to query in my database a date
range (i.e. between "01/26/2005" And "01/26/2006") if those dates don't
exist in my database I can use (i.e. >= "01/26/2005" And <="01/26/06") I
don't know why after using both examples above does not give me accuate
results even using # rather the ". It also includes result of 01/26/2010
also. I need to find in my data base 6 months, 1 year time period where
products will have expiration dates.

Thanks a Bunch. Kyle

Pieter Wijnen

dates are only dealt with accuraty using full US or military syntax ie
9/11/2001 or 2001-9-11
as for notes I had to use DDE (predecessor to OLE) to do that way back when

Pieter

Tony Toews

Notes said:
1. Can I set up my report to be e-mailed using Lotus Notes? If, I can how?

Microsoft Access Email FAQ - Lotus Notes
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/lotusnotes.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Tony, thanks for your guidance. Where do I put/link these codes to?

Dim notesdb As Object
Dim notesdoc As Object
Dim notesrtf As Object
Dim notessession As Object
Set notessession = CreateObject("Notes.Notessession")
Set notesdb = notessession.getdatabase("", "")
Call notesdb.openmail
Rem make new mail message
Set notesdoc = notesdb.createdocument
Call notesdoc.replaceitemvalue("Sendto", strSupportEMail)
Call notesdoc.replaceitemvalue("Subject", "Problem Report")
Set notesrtf = notesdoc.createrichtextitem("body")
Call notesrtf.appendtext("Problem Report")
Call notesrtf.addnewline(2)
Rem attach Error Report doc
's = ActiveDocument.Path + "\" + ActiveDocument.Name
Call notesrtf.embedObject(1454, "", strCurrentPath, "Mail.rtf")
Rem send message
Call notesdoc.Send(False)
Set notessession = Nothing

GB located the following snippet for passing the password.

Dim MailPassword As String
Dim lnSession As NotesSession
Set lnSession = CreateObject("Lotus.NotesSession")
Call lnSession.Initialize(MailPassword)

Some code to start Lotus Notes automatically and some