DVD Rom reads cd's won't read dvd's

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I just installed Windows XP and can no longer watch DVD's on my system. The drive will recognize and read cd's when I put in a DVD it says that their is no disk present. It worked fine with win98, it's a Hitachi GD7000 DVD Drive, and I have updated all my drivers and my decoder software and it still will not see DVD's.

Hi

You need to install DVD codecs
Have you installed any DVD player, e.g. WinDVD, Power DVD, etc.

Pete

----- Justin wrote: ----

I just installed Windows XP and can no longer watch DVD's on my system. The drive will recognize and read cd's when I put in a DVD it says that their is no disk present. It worked fine with win98, it's a Hitachi GD7000 DVD Drive, and I have updated all my drivers and my decoder software and it still will not see DVD's.

I have Win DVD installed on my system, Itried uninstalling and installing a trial version of DivX. It still won't see the DVD in the drive, but will see cd'
----- Peter wrote: ----

Hi

You need to install DVD codecs
Have you installed any DVD player, e.g. WinDVD, Power DVD, etc.

Pete

----- Justin wrote: ----

DivX is not a DVD driver, but a code used for media files
compression.

| I have Win DVD installed on my system, Itried
uninstalling and installing a trial version of DivX. It
still won't see the DVD in the drive, but will see cd's
| ----- Peter wrote: -----
|
| Hi,
|
| You need to install DVD codecs.
| Have you installed any DVD player, e.g. WinDVD, Power
DVD, etc.?
|
| Peter
|
|
| ----- Justin wrote: -----
|
| I just installed Windows XP and can no longer
watch DVD's on my system. The drive will recognize and read
cd's when I put in a DVD it says that their is no disk
present. It worked fine with win98, it's a Hitachi GD7000
DVD Drive, and I have updated all my drivers and my decoder
software and it still will not see DVD's.

I tried updating the driver for the DVD. The file hitdvd.exe won't run with XP it tries finding the old mscdex.exe file and won't continue.

Back