DVD Rom reads cd's won't read dvd's

G

I just installed Windows XP and can no longer watch DVD's on my system. The drive will recognize and read cd's when I put in a DVD it says that their is no disk present. It worked fine with win98, it's a Hitachi GD7000 DVD Drive, and I have updated all my drivers and my decoder software and it still will not see DVD's.

G

Hi

You need to install DVD codecs
Have you installed any DVD player, e.g. WinDVD, Power DVD, etc.

Pete

----- Justin wrote: ----

I just installed Windows XP and can no longer watch DVD's on my system. The drive will recognize and read cd's when I put in a DVD it says that their is no disk present. It worked fine with win98, it's a Hitachi GD7000 DVD Drive, and I have updated all my drivers and my decoder software and it still will not see DVD's.

G

I have Win DVD installed on my system, Itried uninstalling and installing a trial version of DivX. It still won't see the DVD in the drive, but will see cd'
----- Peter wrote: ----

Hi

You need to install DVD codecs
Have you installed any DVD player, e.g. WinDVD, Power DVD, etc.

Pete

----- Justin wrote: ----

J

Jim Macklin

DivX is not a DVD driver, but a code used for media files
compression.

| I have Win DVD installed on my system, Itried
uninstalling and installing a trial version of DivX. It
still won't see the DVD in the drive, but will see cd's
| ----- Peter wrote: -----
|
| Hi,
|
| You need to install DVD codecs.
| Have you installed any DVD player, e.g. WinDVD, Power
DVD, etc.?
|
| Peter
|
|
| ----- Justin wrote: -----
|
| I just installed Windows XP and can no longer
watch DVD's on my system. The drive will recognize and read
cd's when I put in a DVD it says that their is no disk
present. It worked fine with win98, it's a Hitachi GD7000
DVD Drive, and I have updated all my drivers and my decoder
software and it still will not see DVD's.

G

I tried updating the driver for the DVD. The file hitdvd.exe won't run with XP it tries finding the old mscdex.exe file and won't continue.

Ask a Question