Duplicates Dilemma

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me :confused: I am a novice at Access although I took a Level I, II and III class this past year. However, the term if you dont use it you lose it truly does apply here. Here is what I face, I am using Access 2010. I have imported a database that includes duplicate records. I am only needing the most current record which can be several different types ie: student, 1st year of grad, 2nd year, active, retired, and so on. If anyone can assist me, I would truly appreciate it. :bow:

Thanks!
:blush:

Reaction score
Hi,

This is an old thread that only just came across but resolution would be to create a copy of the table with "structure only" and set the identifying field as primary key. Now create an append query to append data from the original table to the new table and also sort descending in the date field. This will give you only one occurence of the particular record and that too the latest one.

Thanks,
Seeker

Ask a Question