DSL Modem Problem with AOL and XP

G

I just converted my operating system from Windows ME to XP pro. I did a new installation of XP not an upgrade. My problem is trying to get my DSL modem to work with AOL. I updated my AOL driver for the XP software, but it is not being recognized in the set-up. I find the driver in the XP control panel, and it is installed through a wizard that comes with the download - so I assume that it has the proper files. My modem is working properly - I have all the green lights. The AOL connection was working fine under my ME operating systems.

My question is do I need to re-install AOL in the XP environment to get this the DSL modem recognized? Is there anything that I need to do as far as moving the drivers in the correct folder? Can anyone help me here?

Thanks for the reply - Fred Lombardo

H

Haggis

your internal firewall is turned on in XP ??

Fred said:
I just converted my operating system from Windows ME to XP pro. I did a
new installation of XP not an upgrade. My problem is trying to get my DSL
modem to work with AOL. I updated my AOL driver for the XP software, but it
is not being recognized in the set-up. I find the driver in the XP control
panel, and it is installed through a wizard that comes with the download -
so I assume that it has the proper files. My modem is working properly - I
have all the green lights. The AOL connection was working fine under my ME
operating systems.
My question is do I need to re-install AOL in the XP environment to get
this the DSL modem recognized? Is there anything that I need to do as far
as moving the drivers in the correct folder? Can anyone help me here?

G

I found the problem. It was the Windows XP that did not recognize the driver installation. I went to the control panel and selected system. Then went to the hardware device manager and clicked on the action tec modem icon and it installed it properly

Thanks. I hope this helps someone else

Fred

Ask a Question