DropDownListBox: don't want to 'limit to list'

G

Have a DropDownListBox where I want to give users the option to select one of the values, but allow them to enter a freeform text value if they choose to do so in lieu of the proffered values. Kind of like leaving "limit to list" OFF in similar controls in earlier versions of VB. Can this be done, and if so, how? If not, can you suggest a work-around? Third-party control

Using ASP.NET 2003

TIA
Ma

C

Chris Dunaway

Have a DropDownListBox where I want to give users the option to select one of the values, but allow them to enter a freeform text value if they choose to do so in lieu of the proffered values. Kind of like leaving "limit to list" OFF in similar controls in earlier versions of VB. Can this be done, and if so, how? If not, can you suggest a work-around? Third-party control?

Using ASP.NET 2003.

TIA,
Max

Change the .DropDownStyle property to DropDown instead of DropDownList.
That will allow the user to type in the combo's text box as well as select
an item from the list.

G

Not finding that property on either the DropDownList or ListBox controls on my ASP.NET web form. Any other ideas? Thanks very much, Chris
Max

Ask a Question