Dropbox on each cell of column

S

shaggles

Is it possible to have a dropbox appear on each line of a
column similar to having a combo box on a form in the
datasheet view in Access?

G

Yes there is. If you open the "Forms" tool bar, you can select either a drop down box or a list box. Once you place it on your sheet, right click on it and select "format control", then select the "control" tab. The top line (input range) points to the row or column of cells that you want to appear within the box. The second line (cell range) points to a cell in which a number will appear based on what line within the input range the selection you choose in the drop or list box. I recommend that you use column "A", to put them in (A1 for row 1, A2 for row 2, etc.) or row 1 (A1 for column A,B1 for column B, etc.) and hide it. With the drop box, you should use the lookup formula in the cell or cells you want to populate based on the drop box. Point the first argument of the formula to the cell range number you selected for the drop box. The second argument should point to a series of consectutive numbers that you have inputed next to the data that you are using for the drop box. The third argument should point to what you want to appear in the cell. The third argument can point to the information you put in the drop box or it can appear to other columns with in the same chart. As long as the first two arguments coincide with the cell range, and input range of the drop box consecutivly.
If you have multiple data draws, I recommend lableling them otherwise, its easy to get confused. Hope this helps, otherwise let me know

I have several workbooks with multiple drop boxes in it pointing to several ranges of data, and it works great.

Ask a Question