Drop down add hyperlink box

Bob

I have never come across this problem and it's driving me nuts. Whenever I
want to add a hyperlink in FP2003, I used to just hightlight the text, click
the add hyperlink button from the insert drop down and up popped a box with
all the files in that subweb. Clicked on it and off I went.

Now when I do that, FP defaults to my desktop instead of the files on my web
server. I can never get to the subweb files so I have to type in a href code
myself to get the hyperlink to work. What can I do to get FP to read from my
server again?

Thomas A. Rowe

How are you opening the site in FP to start with?

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
http://www.Ecom-Data.com

Bob

Tom:

It doesn't seem to matter. If I open the website and from the file menu
select "edit with FP" or just open FP and then select "open site" I still
have the same problem

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

then you click on the subweb and that opens in FP in a separate instance
right?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

Ronx

What is selected in the dropdown next to the words "look-in:" in the
hyperlink dialogue? This setting is retained within an editing session
until you change it. When FP is first started the setting should
default to the current open website, with the "Look-in:" column
defaulting to the Current Folder.

Opening the web site through IE sometimes just opens a cached page, and
not the website.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

Bob

Ron:

The "look in" box is now always showing "desktop" -- All the other locations
in the box are of my local computer and not the files on the web server.

Steve Easton

Bob said:
I have never come across this problem and it's driving me nuts. Whenever I
want to add a hyperlink in FP2003, I used to just hightlight the text, click
the add hyperlink button from the insert drop down and up popped a box with
all the files in that subweb. Clicked on it and off I went.

Now when I do that, FP defaults to my desktop instead of the files on my web
server. I can never get to the subweb files so I have to type in a href code
myself to get the hyperlink to work. What can I do to get FP to read from my
server again?

Run regedit and go here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Editor
Delete the value for: Default Add Image Directory

here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Settings
Delete the values for: DefaultWebName
and LastWebOpen:

--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

A Green

Hi- Were you able to fix this issue? I am having this issue as well. Thanks

Bo wrote:

Drop down add hyperlink box
05-Aug-08

[...]

Re: Drop down add hyperlink box

:

[...]

Steve:

that didn't work at all but it did create some interesting error messages.

:

Asynchronous WebRequest: The Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ddf-86b16f9a00dd/asynchronous-webrequest.aspx

Tom Willett

You are responding to a post that is more than a year old. And, changing the
subject. Another Eggheader.

<A Green> wrote in message : Hi- Were you able to fix this issue? I am having this issue as well.
Thanks
:
:
:
: Bo wrote:
:
: Drop down add hyperlink box
: 05-Aug-08
:
: I have never come across this problem and it's driving me nuts. Whenever I
: want to add a hyperlink in FP2003, I used to just hightlight the text,
click
: the add hyperlink button from the insert drop down and up popped a box
with
: all the files in that subweb. Clicked on it and off I went.
:
: Now when I do that, FP defaults to my desktop instead of the files on my
web
: server. I can never get to the subweb files so I have to type in a href
code
: myself to get the hyperlink to work. What can I do to get FP to read from
my
: server again?
:
:
: On Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:30 PM
: Bo wrote:
:
: Drop down add hyperlink box
: I have never come across this problem and it's driving me nuts. Whenever I
: want to add a hyperlink in FP2003, I used to just hightlight the text,
click
: the add hyperlink button from the insert drop down and up popped a box
with
: all the files in that subweb. Clicked on it and off I went.
:
: Now when I do that, FP defaults to my desktop instead of the files on my
web
: server. I can never get to the subweb files so I have to type in a href
code
: myself to get the hyperlink to work. What can I do to get FP to read from
my
: server again?
:
: On Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:04 PM
: Thomas A. Rowe wrote:
:
: Re: Drop down add hyperlink box
: How are you opening the site in FP to start with?
:
: --
: ==============================================
: Thomas A. Rowe
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
: http://www.Ecom-Data.com
: ==============================================
:
:
: :
: On Tuesday, August 05, 2008 9:08 PM
: Bo wrote:
:
: Re: Drop down add hyperlink box
: Tom:
:
: It doesn't seem to matter. If I open the website and from the file menu
: select "edit with FP" or just open FP and then select "open site" I still
: have the same problem
:
: "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
:
: On Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:47 PM
: Rob Giordano \(Crash\) wrote:
:
: Re: Drop down add hyperlink box
: then you click on the subweb and that opens in FP in a separate instance
: right?
:
: --
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Rob Giordano
: Microsoft MVP Expression
:
:
:
:
:
:
: :
: On Wednesday, August 06, 2008 7:53 AM
: Bo wrote:
:
: Re: Drop down add hyperlink box
: Ron:
:
: The "look in" box is now always showing "desktop" -- All the other
locations
: in the box are of my local computer and not the files on the web server.
:
: "Ronx" wrote:
:
: On Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:41 AM
: Steve Easton wrote:
:
[...]
: On Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:26 PM
: Bo wrote:
:
: Re: Drop down add hyperlink box
: Steve:
:
: that didn't work at all but it did create some interesting error messages.
:
: "Steve Easton" wrote:
:
: EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice