Driving a C# application using an unmanaged MFC application

Marek

Hi
We have a C# application that we need to "drive" using an MFC application.
The kinds of things we need to do are to instantiate the C# application and
tell it to load a certain file and then take certain actions. It would also
be good if the C# application could somehow post/fire messages/events back to
the MFC application. I know that a lot of this kind of thing can be done
using StartProcess, SendKeys etc. nad that COM might be an option, but I
wanted some feedback as to the best way of tackling this problem.

Best regards

Marek

Steven Cheng

Hi Marek

Based on the issue description you provided, I think what you need to do is
make the MFC application communicate with (or event control) another C#
application, correct?

For communication between two processes, those general inter-process
communication approach should work. And in .NET framework, there are some
.net specific approach such as remoting or webservice. However, since one
of your application is MFC, you may consider some other more raw approach
such as sockets communication or windows message...

Are both of the two applications' code controled at your side(so that you
can determine the way they will communication)?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

From: =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZWs=?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Driving a C# application using an unmanaged MFC application
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:06:02 -0700

Marek

Hi Steven
Thanks for your reply. Yes, both of the applications are ours so we can
modify the code as required.

Best regards

Marek

Steven Cheng

Thanks for your quick reply Marek,

Since you have control over both applications, I think that'll be much
better. I think socket should be a quite common approach that many
different programming platform can use it( java, vc, .net ....).

From: =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZWs=?= <[email protected]>