Drag and Drop

ranswrt

I am trying to learn how to drag an item from one textbox to another textbox.
I copied this code for the help menu:

Private Sub ListBox2_BeforeDragOver(ByVal Cancel As _
MSForms.ReturnBoolean, ByVal Data As _
MSForms.DataObject, ByVal X As Single, _
ByVal Y As Single, ByVal DragState As Long, _
ByVal Effect As MSForms.ReturnEffect, _
ByVal Shift As Integer)
Cancel = True
Effect = 1
End Sub

Private Sub ListBox2_BeforeDropOrPaste(ByVal _
Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean, _
ByVal Action As Long, ByVal Data As _
MSForms.DataObject, ByVal X As Single, _
ByVal Y As Single, ByVal Effect As _
MSForms.ReturnEffect, ByVal Shift As Integer)
Cancel = True
Effect = 1
ListBox2.AddItem Data.GetText
End Sub

Private Sub ListBox1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As _
Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As _
Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Dim MyDataObject As DataObject
If Button = 1 Then
Set MyDataObject = New DataObject
Dim Effect As Integer
MyDataObject.SetText ListBox1.Value
Effect = MyDataObject.StartDrag

End If
End Sub

Private Sub ListBox2_Change()

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
For i = 1 To 10
ListBox1.AddItem "Choice " _
& (ListBox1.ListCount + 1)
Next i
End Sub
Private Sub ListBox2_MouseMove(ByVal Button As _
Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As _
Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Dim MyDataObject As DataObject
If Button = 1 Then
Set MyDataObject = New DataObject
Dim Effect As Integer
MyDataObject.SetText ListBox1.Value
Effect = MyDataObject.StartDrag

End If
End Sub

How do I get it to remove the selected item from the first textbox after it
is added to the second textbox?

Thanks

Norman Jones

Hi Ranswrt,

You speak of TextBox controls, but your
code relates to ListBox controls.

Assuming this to be a slip of the tongue,
try replacing your ListBox2_BeforeDropOrPaste
routine with the following adaptation:

'==========>>
Private Sub ListBox2_BeforeDropOrPaste(ByVal _
Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean, _
ByVal Action As Long, _
ByVal Data As MSForms.DataObject, _
ByVal X As Single, _