Drag and drop

Karin

Hi,
Isn't the cursor supposed to change depending on whether the control it is
over accepts drop?

In my program I have a panel which has AllowDrop = true and event handlers
for both DragEnter and DragDrop which works fine (i.e. does what I want) but
the cursor doesn't change from Cursors.No when entering the panel.

I have tried Cursor.Current = Cursor.Default in the DragEnter-event but
nothing happens.

Thanks!

/K

1

100

Hi Karin,
It is your application responsibility as a target to say the source whether
to change the cursor or not. The source is the one that changes the cursor,
but the target has to tell the source which cursor to use.
This is done by the DragEnter and DragOver events. The target has to set the
event parameter's *Effect* property according to the mouse position, CTRL,
SHIFT and ALT keys state and the operations allowed by the source. All that
information can be found in DragEventArgs object that comes along with the
events.

HTH
B\rgds
100