dploying windows service using install script

raghavendra

Hi,

How to run automatically windows service by using setup deployment
insatllation script using visual studio 2003.?

What i did is :--
1. created a windows service & tested the
same.
2. then i used the windowsservice.exe in setup
deployment project.

what i think is to have a .bat file which will have installutil.exe
test.exe [i.e. windows service exe]

i want to know how to execute that .bat file while deploying the
windowservice...
which will automatically install windows service in services...

waiting for reply,

Raghavendra...

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi ,

I have viewed your post, I will do some research for you.
I will reply to you ASAP.
Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "raghavendra" <[email protected]>
| Subject: dploying windows service using install script
| Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:12:15 +0530
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Hi,
|
| How to run automatically windows service by using setup deployment
| insatllation script using visual studio 2003.?
|
| What i did is :--
| 1. created a windows service & tested the
| same.
| 2. then i used the windowsservice.exe in
setup
| deployment project.
|
| what i think is to have a .bat file which will have
installutil.exe
| test.exe [i.e. windows service exe]
|
| i want to know how to execute that .bat file while deploying the
| windowservice...
| which will automatically install windows service in services...
|
| waiting for reply,
|
| Raghavendra...

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi,

VS.net provides you strongly support of creating windows service. It
provides you "Windows Service" project for you. The link below teaches you
how to setup a windows service project.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/
vbwlkwalkthroughcreatingwindowsserviceapplication.asp
While the article below teaches you how to Create a Setup Project for a
Windows Service Application in Visual C# .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=816169

Hope this helps,