Downloading a drive for the RAID Controller

M

mel grande

hi! so my computer just randomly shut down and went to BlueScreen, it says i need a driver for my RAID controller. i read what you said and it seemed like u know a lot about it, and i'm totally freaking out cuz if my computer gets messed up again my mom will kill me, and plus all my documents and pictures and things on here are like my life...
is my computer using RAID automatically?? or how do i find that out??
and if i install a driver, using the instructions it gives me, is there anything i need to do before i follow those instructions?? its not gonna delete all my files right????
if you could help that'd be soooo amazing!!
thank you!!

P

philo

hi! so my computer just randomly shut down and went to BlueScreen, it says i need a driver for my RAID controller. i read what you said and it seemed like u know a lot about it, and i'm totally freaking out cuz if my computer gets messed up again my mom will kill me, and plus all my documents and pictures and things on here are like my life...
is my computer using RAID automatically?? or how do i find that out??
and if i install a driver, using the instructions it gives me, is there anything i need to do before i follow those instructions?? its not gonna delete all my files right????
if you could help that'd be soooo amazing!!
thank you!!

<snip>

First off...do not respond to messages that are two years old.
If you have a problem just ask it.

First thing I'd do is backup your data...
just to be on the safe side.

If there is one HD in your machine you do not have a RAID array
but the controller itself may need a driver.

If so, get the driver from the manufacturer of the device.

Ask a Question