Download options

Chris

Hi all,

I accidentally checked some box while I was downloading a
file and now when I download files they attempt to
automatically launch said files when the download is
complete. I cant find this setting anywhere. Can anyone
tell me how to change it back?

Thanks,
Chris

DVarnau

Chris,
You have to set this option for each file type and the route to Folder
Options> File types will be slightly different, depending on your OS:

From Windows Explorer> View> Folder options> File types
OR Tools> Folder options> File types
OR Ctrl Panel> Folder options then File Types. Select [file type]> Advanced.
Put a check by "Confirm open after download."
You should then get the "Open or Save" dialog for each download.

Don

Chris

Worked like a charm.

Thanks millions,
Chris
Chris,
You have to set this option for each file type and the route to Folder
Options> File types will be slightly different, depending
From Windows Explorer> View> Folder options> File types

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

.