dot...comma...what will hit the target?

Hello,
I'm developing an application that will stores lots and lots of decimal
numbers.
I'm writing procedure to double check the quality of numbers entered...and I
need to understand one thing...
Despite the regional setting the user can set on his pc, is it true that
Access always use a dots for decimal numbers instead of commas?
Europen countries mostly use commas...so users will easily enter 35,23
instead of 35.23. Now I have checked that the IsNumerc function doesn't give
an error whether you use commas or dots. But if I use SQL to insert data in
the table I get the error: it doesn't like the comma for numbers to be stored
in fields with decimal datatype.
So I'm wondering that in the background, Access will always use dot and no
comma to format properly decimal number.
The workaround will be using the replace function in the SQL statment...but
I just want to be sure this thoughts are right or I'm just having a bad trip.
Thaks,
Rocco

RoyVidar

rocco wrote in message
[...]

If you do dynamic SQL, Jet needs the information in an unambiguous way.
Remember also that when writing SQL, one uses commas to separate the
column list. So - yes - as long as you use dynamic SQL, I think you
will
need some kind of formatting, which will probably need to be included
both for dates and numbers.