Don't know how to ask this!

G

Ok, I have a form with a field called "Dog Number", linked to table (of course). I have the properties set to "number" and an input mask of 000;0;*. What I want is when my user enters in his 'dog number' of 001-299, I want it to DISPLAY (in the field on the form, as well as in the table and my reports) 3 DIGITS! Example, dog number 001, when entered as 001, dispalys as dog number 1 (the zeros are ignored). I need 3 digits for each dog.

Help!

T

Tom Wickerath

Try defining the Dog Number field as a text field.

Ok, I have a form with a field called "Dog Number", linked to table (of course). I have
the properties set to "number" and an input mask of 000;0;*. What I want is when my user
enters in his 'dog number' of 001-299, I want it to DISPLAY (in the field on the form, as
well as in the table and my reports) 3 DIGITS! Example, dog number 001, when entered as
001, dispalys as dog number 1 (the zeros are ignored). I need 3 digits for each dog.

Help!

W

Wayne Morgan

You need to set the Format option for the textbox. Set it to 000, that's 3
zeros.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

Tammy B. said:
Ok, I have a form with a field called "Dog Number", linked to table (of
course). I have the properties set to "number" and an input mask of 000;0;*.
What I want is when my user enters in his 'dog number' of 001-299, I want it
to DISPLAY (in the field on the form, as well as in the table and my
reports) 3 DIGITS! Example, dog number 001, when entered as 001, dispalys as
dog number 1 (the zeros are ignored). I need 3 digits for each dog.

Ask a Question