Donations ????????

Have you ever donated to a free software author?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Most of us have and use "free software". Has anyone ever given a donation to the folk who created it ??

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep sometimes, mainly for free coding stuff that I've used over the years - not for everything though, only the most useful stuff :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No, I haven't, now you mention it :blush:

But I have paid for several software items, Acronis True Image 8 and a couple of applications from Imtoo spring to mind.

A poll for this subject would have been a good idea methinks.

Reaction score
Yes Indeedy

Yes,

In fact i was just about to donate 30-40 euro's to Ashampoo....i have lots of their stuff on my p.c....a lot is trials but i did get some full programs. The core tuner is a good tool and burning 2009 is another. I'm actually trying uninstaller 2. I think that they deserve a donation at this stage cos they always give support and help.
:nod: Zzzzz
PS check this baby out....i over heard a few posts about this the other and thought of you guys.....hope the link works....njoy
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/17326.cfm

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
woohoo, nice link captain zed :thumb: downloading at this moment.

I already got NIN's The Slip for free sometime ago, a good album.

I also got Jane's Addictions' Ritual De Lo Habitual album.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Yes,

In fact i was just about to donate 30-40 euro's to Ashampoo....i have lots of their stuff on my p.c....a lot is trials but i did get some full programs. The core tuner is a good tool and burning 2009 is another. I'm actually trying uninstaller 2. I think that they deserve a donation at this stage cos they always give support and help.
:nod: Zzzzz
PS check this baby out....i over heard a few posts about this the other and thought of you guys.....hope the link works....njoy
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/17326.cfm

Spend the euros buying their latest products. That is just as good as donating to my mind. I used Shampoo 6 and it impressed me enough to buy the Studio 8 which is pretty darn good value for the £8.99 I paid.

nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If someone wants to turn this into a POLL I recon that is a good idea. I do not know how so over to you .............
happywave.gif

Ask a Question