Does the 'PublicKeyToken' value in the web.config <section> depend on the version of the .NET framew

F

Faisal

I have a question regarding the "PublicKeyToken" attribute of the "<section>" tag in the web.config file. Pretty much most references have this value set to "b77a5c561934e089"; the same value as in the machine.config file

<configSections
<section name="sampleSection" type="System.Configuration.SingleTagSectionHandler, System,Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" /
</configSections

My question is, does the PublicKeyToken value "b77a5c561934e089" change depending on what version of the .NET framework is installed? Or, would the value PublicKeyToken="b77a5c561934e089" continue to work with a new version of the .NET framework. Is there backwards compatibility or would I have to modify my web.config if a new version of the .NET framework is installed on the web server

Thanks!

Ask a Question