Document sent to printer message

ttnb

When i print a doc. I get this moronic message in a tan
colored balloon/box telling me that "this document was
sent to the printer" that i have to close out. Talk about
annoying - anybody know how to get rid of it? running xp-
sp2. Thanks!

wheezrite

Thank you! This was the only place I could find a solution. I trie
Microsoft but I guess the error message wasn't specific enough. Thank
for your help!
Disable the informational notifications for local printers

http://tinyurl.com/4n7py
HOW TO: Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n
rights.

"(e-mail address removed)" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
When i print a doc. I get this moronic message in a tan
colored balloon/box telling me that "this document was
sent to the printer" that i have to close out. Talk about
annoying - anybody know how to get rid of it? running xp-
sp2. Thanks!

Thank you - (e-mail address removed)
Disable the informational notifications for local printers

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;308217

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh; [ln];kbhowto

When i print a doc. I get this moronic message in a tan
colored balloon/box telling me that "this document was
sent to the printer" that i have to close out. Talk about
annoying - anybody know how to get rid of it? running xp-
sp2. Thanks!

.

TS

Is there a better way to do this for large numbers of workstations
rather than having to go to each machine and make that change?

Alan Morris\(MSFT\) said:
Disable the informational notifications for local printers

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
HOW TO: Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

When i print a doc. I get this moronic message in a tan
colored balloon/box telling me that "this document was
sent to the printer" that i have to close out. Talk about
annoying - anybody know how to get rid of it? running xp-
sp2. Thanks!

I have the same problem. 100 users would like the printer notification to go
away, is there a Group Policy setting that can change this rather than going
around to 100 stations?

Alan Morris\(MSFT\) said:
Disable the informational notifications for local printers

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
HOW TO: Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

When i print a doc. I get this moronic message in a tan
colored balloon/box telling me that "this document was
sent to the printer" that i have to close out. Talk about
annoying - anybody know how to get rid of it? running xp-
sp2. Thanks!

Alan Morris\(MSFT\)

According to someone who knows about setting Group Policy just set this
regkey in your policy.

Change to 0

HKey_Current_User\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsLocal

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team