"Document not saved" and very large temporary excel files...

When attempting to save our addin it times out after a couple of minutes and
displays a "Document Not Saved" dialog

While saving, the temp save file that Excel creates grows to about 2gig
before excel "times out".

This usually starts happening after a bit of coding...

We are using Excel 2003. And our addin contains quite a bit of VBA (say
about 50k lines). We usually run excel sessions with many 3rd Party addins of
a financial nature (Reuters/Bloomberg etc).

Thanks for any help.

Jim Cone

An Excel add-in, prior to xl2007, has a .xla extension not .xls.
The rule of thumb seems to be to keep workbook modules under 64K in size.
If you have 50,000 code lines in only one or two modules then your problems
may come from the large module size.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA