DNS in the DMZ

I have 2 servers sitting in my DMZ. For some odd reason I can no longer map a drive into either server. In the event log I get this error message

"No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain DOMAIN1. The following error occurred
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

For DNS setting I list my local DNS first the my ISP DNS

What else could be wrong

Mar

Kevin D. Goodknecht [MVP]

In
Mark said:
I have 2 servers sitting in my DMZ. For some odd reason I can no
longer map a drive into either server. In the event log I get this
error message.

"No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for
domain DOMAIN1. The following error occurred:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request. "

For DNS setting I list my local DNS first the my ISP DNS.

What else could be wrong?

Mark

You must point them to the internal DNS server *only* if they are to use
domain authentication.

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

Point them only to the internal DNS server and set the internal DNS server
up to forward to the ISP DNS server.

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <[email protected]>>Subject: DNS in the DM
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:56:08 -080
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.dn
map a drive into either server. In the event log I get this error message

"No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain
DOMAIN1. The following error occurred
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request.

For DNS setting I list my local DNS first the my ISP DNS

What else could be wrong

Mar
Ok I did all that. Now the event log is saying
"Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1908).
Mark