Displaying non-empty fields only

G

Hi! I need your help

I am designing a report and adding several fields from a table. I am trying to find out whether I can do anything (write some code, maybe) to make only the fields that contain data to be shown out of all the fields that I inserted on the report. In addition, I would like to format the position of those fields in a way that all the data appear together on the report, including the case in which an empty field is not shown, causing non-empty fields to be automatically displaced to be close to the other ones

What I am trying to do is a report based on a table that contains contact data of many people. Not everyone has a cellphone on file, or an e-mail, or a business address; for these people, I would like that the space that would be taken by these empty fields be taken by the next field on a list of fields that should be shwon on the report

If this question is not clear enough, please let me know and I shall explaing better

Thank you for your attention

M

Marshall Barton

Rodrigo said:
I am designing a report and adding several fields from a table. I am trying to find out whether I can do anything (write some code, maybe) to make only the fields that contain data to be shown out of all the fields that I inserted on the report. In addition, I would like to format the position of those fields in a way that all the data appear together on the report, including the case in which an empty field is not shown, causing non-empty fields to be automatically displaced to be close to the other ones.

What I am trying to do is a report based on a table that contains contact data of many people. Not everyone has a cellphone on file, or an e-mail, or a business address; for these people, I would like that the space that would be taken by these empty fields be taken by the next field on a list of fields that should be shwon on the report.

If this question is not clear enough, please let me know and I shall explaing better.

You never did say whether the desired "displace"ment is
horizontal or vertical.

If it's vertical, then the usual way is to set the text
box's (and their section's) CanShrink property to Yes.

Ask a Question