Display entire number in cell

J

jamasm2010

Hi,
I need to display an entire number that resides in one cell, but that needsto break across to the adjacent cell. For example, in cell A1 I have a 10 digit number that is truncated, because A1 is only wide enough for a six digit number. B1 is blank and I want the overflow from A1 to show in B1. Due to formatting constraints, I cannot expand A1 to accept the number. Using VBA, how can I display the entire number in A1?
Thanks,
James

C

Claus Busch

Hi James,

Am Sun, 9 Mar 2014 07:30:56 -0700 (PDT) schrieb (e-mail address removed):
I need to display an entire number that resides in one cell, but that needs to break across to the adjacent cell. For example, in cell A1 I have a 10 digit number that is truncated, because A1 is only wide enough for a six digit number. B1 is blank and I want the overflow from A1 to show in B1. Due to formatting constraints, I cannot expand A1 to accept the number. Using VBA, how can I display the entire number in A1?

select A1:B1 => Format cells => Alignment => Horizontal Alignment =>
CenterAcrossSelection

Regards
Claus B.

J

jamasm2010

Hi,

I need to display an entire number that resides in one cell, but that needs to break across to the adjacent cell. For example, in cell A1 I have a 10 digit number that is truncated, because A1 is only wide enough for a six digit number. B1 is blank and I want the overflow from A1 to show in B1. Due to formatting constraints, I cannot expand A1 to accept the number. UsingVBA, how can I display the entire number in A1?

Thanks,

James

Thanks Claus. Is there a VBA solution?

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Sun, 9 Mar 2014 08:03:00 -0700 (PDT) schrieb (e-mail address removed):
Is there a VBA solution?

only the same solution as I described. You can record it with the macro
recorder.

Regards
Claus B.