disk defrag

disk defrag running 16 hours still

After contacting hp 5 times disk defrag still does not work on vista. i ran
auslogic love it,, but after the $$$ i spent on my computer i want everything
to work right. 16 hours and it was still defragging drive c. rann all the
diag everything was fine. any ideas out there

Rick Rogers

Defrag is a never ending, low priority process. Stop worrying about it and
just use the computer. Also, only use one program, either the native one or
one of your choosing as they have differing optimization schemes and will
work against each other.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"disk defrag running 16 hours still" <disk defrag running 16 hours
news:[email protected]...

Steve Thackery

I totally agree with Rick. Vista defrags automatically, without you doing
anything about it.

Forget about defragging, and use your computer for something useful.

STeveT

Victek

After contacting hp 5 times disk defrag still does not work on vista. i
ran
auslogic love it,, but after the $$$ i spent on my computer i want
everything
to work right. 16 hours and it was still defragging drive c. rann all the
diag everything was fine. any ideas out there
As Rick said, it's important to use only one defragger because each one
arranges files differently on the disk. If you run more then one all you do
is move the files around and wear out your hard disk. Whether or not there
is a problem with the built-in defragger still going after 16 hours is hard
to say since there's no disk map to view progress. I suggest if you like
the Auslogic defragger use it and be happy. I use Raxco's PerfectDisk and
it is far better then the built-in defrag IMHO.