Discussion Group / Forum Samples or Examples

Ok... what I have here are (probably) the ultimate in stupid questions,
however, after reviewing many of the previous postings I would still like to
know if....

1. Is THIS discussion group using a FP2003 Discussion Web?

2. Is what I see here the "out of the box" version or has it been modified?

3. And last... anyone willing to share the URL's of some current discussion
forums using FP2003 so I/we can see what the finished product might look like?

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

1. Depends on what discussion group you are talking about?

2. Again depends on what you are seeing. Supply an URL so we can see.

My guess is that you are talking about Microsofts Web interface to the
newsgroups and if so, it has nothing to do with FPs Discussion Web.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Jens,
Thanks for the quick reply however I obviously didn't make my questions
clear enough, so let me try this again.

First: The discussion group I'm talking about is THIS one.... the one you
replied to me on. Is this discussion group layout / forum a product of FP2003?

Second: If this forum WAS made using FP2003, is this what I can expect that
mine will look like if I use the FP2003 Discussion Web Site Wizard?
Or.... is this a modified version of what a basic discussion web will look
like?

And lastly... I was hoping that some folks who are currently running an
FP2003 discussion group on their website might provide the URL so I/ we can
take a look at some examples of the finished product.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
1. Depends on what discussion group you are talking about?

2. Again depends on what you are seeing. Supply an URL so we can see.

My guess is that you are talking about Microsofts Web interface to the
newsgroups and if so, it has nothing to do with FPs Discussion Web.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Discussion Group / Forum Samples or Examples
Subject: Discussion Group / Forum Samples or Examples

Ok... what I have here are (probably) the ultimate in stupid
questions, however, after reviewing many of the previous
postings I would still like to know if....

1. Is THIS discussion group using a FP2003 Discussion Web?

2. Is what I see here the "out of the box" version or has it
been modified?

3. And last... anyone willing to share the URL's of some
current discussion forums using FP2003 so I/we can see what
the finished product might look like?

Thomas A. Rowe

1. This forum is run from a nntp (newsgroup) server and is accessible via a news reader, like
Outlook Express, etc. or the MS Community Web Interface.

2. You can easily see how the FP discussion web will work and look, by creating one as a subsite and
publishing it to a server that has the FP extensions via FP's http mode using File Menu | Publish
Site.

3. If you have used prior versions of FP, the discussion web is unchanged, is still limited in
functionality. Many FP users opt for a 3rd Party Application that is database driven.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.