Disable Program Compatibility Assistant

Frank

Hello, I'm using Vista Home Premiun SP1. After every startup, the Program
Compatibility Assistant of Vista makes a window appear on the lower right
corner (inside the system tray, near the time and volume icons) saying that
the drivers of a certain program is not compatible with Vista. Actually,
this certain program is running very nicely on my machine. So to prevent
this annoying pop-up window from appearing, I just want to turn off or
disable Vista's built-in Program Compatibility Assistant. Is this possible?
Would appreciate any tips on how to do it. Thanks in advance.

H Brown

Hi Frank
This link below will not only show you how to turn off Program Compatibility
Assistant but will provide other helpful information you should review.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Wi...40d-553e-47e9-b4bd-6c2d10df4de71033.mspx#EHIf it were me I would pay a visit to the to the developers website of theprogram that Compatibility Assistant is referring to, and see if they offerthe software/driver that is compatible with your current version of Vista.Could head off possible future issues."Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in messageHello, I'm using Vista Home Premiun SP1. After every startup, the ProgramCompatibility Assistant of Vista makes a window appear on the lower rightcorner (inside the system tray, near the time and volume icons) saying thatthe drivers of a certain program is not compatible with Vista. Actually,this certain program is running very nicely on my machine. So to preventthis annoying pop-up window from appearing, I just want to turn off ordisable Vista's built-in Program Compatibility Assistant. Is this possible?Would appreciate any tips on how to do it. Thanks in advance.>

H Brown

Yes you can disable Program Compatibility Assistant.
Click start>Right click Computer> Manage, answer the UAC prompt. Under
Services and Applications, select Services, Scroll down to Program
Compatibility Assistant Service and select it. To the left of the name
column you will see Stop the service, below that you will see Restart the
service. If the service is currently enabled you will see Description:
Provides support for the Program Compatibility Assistant. If this service
is stopped, the Program Compatibility Assistant will NOT function properly.
If this service is disabled, any services that depend on it will fail to
start.

H Brown

Frank

Thank you very much, H Brown, for your thorough and authoritative
assistance. Best regards.